Etelligence Home
News
The business of broadband: part two
Slow sites risk losing customers
Inbox in your pocket
Mobile devices pose growing security threat
3G crippled by lack of services
Bluejacking


Below are some articles that may be of interest to you. The articles on this page are just some of the articles that we come across on an on going basis. The articles in no represent the opinions of Etelligence Ltd.


The business of broadband: part two
According to recent reports, broadband is now available to 85 percent of Ireland's population. But what of the remaining 15 percent that continues to struggle to convince broadband providers to roll out high-speed internet access in their areas?
Read More

Slow sites risk losing customers
Internet users have very little patience for sites that take too long to load, or are unavailable, according to research from datacentre operator TelecityRedbus. The report revealed that most users will not wait more than 30 seconds for a website to load.
Read More

Inbox in your pocket
Email’s status as the internet’s ‘killer application’ has long been established and now that the technology exists to marry it with mobility, there seems little danger of that particular crown slipping.
Read More

Mobile devices pose growing security threat
Smartphones and other high-end wireless devices now commonly used in the enterprise may pose significant security risks for telecoms and IT departments that do not take adequate measures to protect network resources, according to the latest report from research firm
Read More

3G crippled by lack of services
Consumer uptake of 3G services in the mobile phone market is happening much more slowly than expected, industry insiders have told vnunet.com.
Read More

Bluejacking
Bluejacking refers to the practice of sending anonymous text messages to users of Bluetooth-enabled mobile devices. Bluetooth is a standard that enables the exchange of information between handheld devices over a range of about 10 metres. Owners of Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones can set their devices to search for other handsets or laptops in the vicinity that are open to accepting messages. Users who do not wish to receive such messages can turn off the Bluetooth capability on their device. The trend is gaining popularity among mobile device users, and one enthusiast has set up a website called BluejackQ that claims to be "the world's first and most authoritative website dedicated to bluejacking."
See more glossary terms